Monday, April 23, 2007

Ripples

Yesterday the theme in our lessons at church was all about achieving peace in our lives. So the question of the day is, what can we do to have more peace? Seems we are always faced with adverse situations that we have to be responsible about and those times don't always lead to peaceful conditions. I was thinking about what causes me the most stress or discomfort and the first thought that came to mind was when my family members are struggling. I can physically feel this ripple go through my body when one of you is upset. So for me, achieving peace would be casting a huge bubble over my loved ones and keeping them safe and protected. Not too realistic, I know. I guess in looking at the other side of this coin, I am filled with happy ripples when I hear you are doing well. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Bri said...

I agree. Family is the most important, extended or immediate. When things are well it makes you smile and feel all warm and fuzzy, and when things are rough, you really want to reach out and help in any way you can. Sometimes though the best help we can offer is a shoulder to lean on and an ear the listen, not always a resolution or a solution. So remember, even when you feel completely alone because no one is physically in front of you, remember someone is always thinking about you, and readily available for any support you need.
On a personal level, for me, knowing I can go the parents house and just hang out and watch t.v., makes all the worries of the outside world disapper, if only for a few hours.