Thursday, April 12, 2007

Golf Lessons

Deciding to take golf lessons has been a long time ambition. I have always wondered about the mystery of the game and why so many people that play it are passionate about this sport. I am beginning to understand how it could become an obsession. There is just something about it that feels really good when you hit the ball just right and it makes that little "click" sound and then glides through the air. Yesterday I had my second lesson and I learned how to putt. However, does anyone ever really know how to putt? What I really learned is that I have a lot to learn and a lot to practice.

2 comments:

Randy Simmering said...

Sister Millie-
First - its not a sport - its a religion. Second - two essential books you should get at any church - er, golf store. 1) Harvey Penick's Little Red Book 2)Tiger Woods How I Play Golf. Beth and I played for the first time this spring yesterday - it was ugly. It's a good thing we don't live in CA - or we wouldn't be able to keep a job due to our addiction.

Rachele said...

Hi Mom-
Ryan and I are getting excited to come see you. I want to go to the driving range with you if we have time. Ryan will be off of his crutches, so we might be able to play, but we'd have to get a little go cart to drive around in. How's the putting coming along?