Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

 
Thanks to all our friends who helped us ring in the new year last night. It definitely gets the new year off on the right note when you are surrounded with great friends. Did anyone make a memorable resolution for the New Year? I have already started with my January re-organization efforts. I actually really look forward to this tradition, it's like a ritual to clean out the old and start the new year with my household/life under control. John gave me these cool bamboo drawer organizers for the kitchen and I tell you, I couldn't wait to install those babies. My closet is next and then the office, yikes! John already did a number on the garage and it looks great. Except now the exercise equipment is staring at me and longingly wanting me to come and partake of it's many benefits. Which, of course, is always a resolution. Gotta get back on the program and take better care of myself, drop the excess weight, increase the cardio and strength training, yada yada yada. I've also resloved to stop skipping Sunday School and actually study the lessons before class. I've been feeling the urge to learn lately, which means it's time to tackle something new. Not sure if that will be reflected in work or some other creative area, maybe both?

Most of all I just hope this year, all of those that I love the most are healthy and happy.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rachele said...

Happy New Year to you too!

I too, already started the reorganization of the house. On Friday, I told Ryan that at the New Year I go through the house and clean out cluttered areas, reorganize closets and bookshelves, and gather stuff to be donated to DI. He wasn't too surprised, which was a surprise to me. I guess he's learning my strange habits.

My favorite thing to do on New Year's Day is to buy a new planner, and I have to say that it was probably the highlight of my day yesterday.

As for goals, I like to set goals around 5 specific areas each year; intellectual, spiritual, emotional, social, and physical. I haven't quite figured out what the first four goals will be yet, but I know I'll continue to exercise, make healthful food choices, and drink lots of water with the help of my HydraCoach.

Ginger said...

What fun I had at your party!Sorry Phil missed it having his dang cold. Remember when I would have probably stayed home with him. I've come a long way baby-I know where the fun is with good friends so out the door I go!

Once again you inspire me-maybe I might organize a thing or two. I'm getting the hang of my vinyl cutter so it's hard to pull me away!

Happy new year to all.
BTW-Rachele, What is a Hydrcoach? I think I need one.

Rachele said...

Ginger, and anyone else who is interested, this is a HydraCoach:

http://www.hydracoach.com/applications/index.html

It's an intelligent water bottle.