Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Getting Crafty in the Woods



Last weekend I spent some quality time with the girls sewing up a storm. Thanks to Brooke's amazing "cabin" we roughed it up in Twain Harte. This was a trip we planned a year ago while hiking up in Rancho San Antonio. I'm so glad it came to pass, it was way too much fun. Shirley was in charge of our project and taught me a thing or two about quilting/applique work. It's so much fun to learn new techniques and then get to put them to use right away! It's official, this is a new tradition that must be carried on....the question will be just how many times a year we can pull it off because an annual trip just isn't enough.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

It was just the best! I loved every minute of it. Being with such great friends was the icing on the cake [the real cake was good too] Even the yoga. Millie the master yoga instructer got us all limber to sew and sew and sew! Can't wait to do it again. I think I'm hooked! I bougth 3 quilt magazines this weekend!